A merchant of physical commodities and a financer of upper-and mid-stream commodity-producing assets. Also provide physical supply services and related structured solutions for counterparties.
In March 2011, Freepoint Commodities partnered with Stone Point Capital to build a physical commodity merchant platform. Stone Point Capital, a private equity firm and manager of the Trident Funds, has raised more than $10 billion in committed capital to make investments in the global financial services industry. Private equity funds managed by Stone Point, together with Freepoint management and senior employees, have provided Freepoint with approximately $400 million dollars of equity capital.
The Freepoint Commodities intranet site is based on a portal framework infrastructure that supports the corporate front, back, and middle office operations. The site capabilies include the display of a variety of reports and applications including .exe, .bap, .pdf, owc, SSIS, SSAS and Excel services as well as document publishing and tracking.
Web Application Architecture design including:
- requirements definition
- site specification
- project plans
- tier structure development
- user interface definition
Complete programming of intranet site including:
- Site code
- SQL database
Management of intranet site including:
- introduction and development of new functionality
- content areas
- A "pluggable" framework that is simple to extend
- Roles-based security for viewing content and administering the portal
- Multi-tier application architecture
- Data access using Entity Framework and stored procedures
- Active Directory authentication