Bridgeport Hospital is a private, not-for-profit acute care hospital located in Connecticut’s most populous city, primarily serving patients from Fairfield and New Haven Counties. Burn patients are seen in The Connecticut Burn Center—the only burn center in Connecticut—from throughout the state and neighboring states.
Bridgeport Hospital is a member of the Yale New Haven Health System with Yale-New Haven Hospital, Yale-New Haven Children's Hospital and Greenwich Hospital, and managed care network participant Westerly (R.I.) Hospital.
The web site is based on a portal framework infrastructure that supports both intranet and Internet portal applications. An authoring system provides each department with the ability to manage content areas through a system of authoring, review and release.
Web Site Architecture design including:
- requirements definition
- site specification
- project plans
- tier structure development
- user interface definition
Complete programming of web sites including:
- Site code
- SQL database
Management of web site including:
- introduction and development of new functionality
- content areas
- maintenance plans
- A "pluggable" framework that is simple to extend
- Roles-based security for viewing content and administering the portal
- Cross-browser support
- Clean code/html content separation
- Multi-tier application architecture
- Data access using SQL stored procedures
- Forms authentication using a database for usernames/passwords